1. Introduction – Probitas Quad respects your privacy
Protecting your personal information is important to us, and is required by law. The Commonwealth Privacy Act determines that we must handle your personal information in accordance with a set of Australian Privacy Principles.
2. What personal information is collected and held by Probitas Quad?
We collect the following kinds of personal information: your name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth, identity documents, your educational history and qualifications, English test outcomes, your or your sponsor’s the financial standing, your employment historyincluding salary information, your (and your relevant relatives’) international travel and visa history, your criminal and national security history and your social media profiles.
In some situations we may collect information about your health, including medical information.
3. How does Probitas Quad collect and hold personal information?
Personal information is generally collected directly from you or through your employer, adviser, previous superannuation fund, or other representative authorised by you. Please refer to our Privacy Collection Statement can be read here.
Health information is collected from you or your employer, adviser, other insurer, or other representative authorised by you and is provided to us or to our insurers. If required, we obtain independent medical reports directly from your medical practitioner(s).
Where Probitas Quad collects your personal information from a third party, it is that third party’s responsibility to notify you about the disclosure of your personal information to us.
For employment related services or enquiries, Probitas Quad collects your personal information including employment history and other information during the recruitment process either directly from you or from recruiters.
Once your details have been recorded by our administrator, your original information is securely stored based on the following application method:
- paper applications are held at our administrator’s document storage facility on our behalf
- online applications are stored within our secure electronic network.
Within Probitas Quad and our service providers, access to your information is restricted to staff who require the information to provide contracted services and provide information and services to you. A system of passwords and different levels of access is used to protect the information held on the system.
You may choose to remain anonymous or use a pseudonym when interacting with Probitas Quad, unless it is impracticable for Probitas Quad to deal with you without you identifying yourself.
4. What are the purposes for which Probitas Quad collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information?
The personal information we collect will be used by Probitas Quad and its staff to:
- open and administer your service accounts, and keep you informed about your service status and progress.
- ensure you’re eligible for products and services (including verification and visa support services)
- provide assistance to achieve service outcomes
- help improve our products and services
- undertake market research, data analysis and direct marketing activities
- manage and resolve complaints made
- report information required by law or regulations
- perform any other appropriate related functions.
For employment candidates, Probitas Quad collects your personal information for recruitment purposes, to manage your employment application and, if you are successfully placed in a position at Probitas Quad, your ongoing employment.
If Probitas Quad can’t collect your personal information from you it may be difficult to perform the activities listed above.
If you submit incomplete or inaccurate information we may not be able to provide you with the services you are seeking, or complete our assessment of your bona fides or provide visa support services.
5. To whom does Probitas Quad disclose personal information?
We will only share your personal information:
- with any third party on specific matters if you have consented to the disclosure
- as required by law or regulations, by Courts/Tribunals, or Government or regulatory bodies/authorities
- with service providers/third parties that we need to deal with for the purposes described in section 4 above including: our contracted service providers, our educational institutional, your employer(s), independent consultants and market research companies, auditors, actuaries and lawyers, web hosting companies, web and application developers, online data verification partners and providers, and other organisations for the purposes described in section 4 above.
Where you provide your personal details for the purpose of online data verification, our third party service provider will use your details for this purpose. Your information will be subject to an information match request in relation to relevant official record holder information and a corresponding information match result will be provided via the use of third party systems.
For employment candidates, Probitas Quad may disclose your personal information to referees, recruiters and employment screening service providers for the purposes of considering your application for employment.
6. Is Probitas Quad likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients?
We may use overseas service providers located in countries including India for aspects of our service provision to contracting clients (generally educational institutions). Your personal information may be accessed by those service providers.
Instances where your personal information may be accessed by an overseas service provider include:
- to deliver some emails, only required details will be shared with service providers.
- to undertake bona fides verification of claims you have made to our clients.
- where we provide certain visa applications support services out of overseas countries.
- where you provide us with feedback.
- where, following an interaction that you have had with us, we send you a text message or email asking to you to participate in a survey designed to help us improve the services we offer. Your personal information, including your name, email address and phone number will be provided to our service provider to facilitate this survey.
- to maintain our Governance Risk and Compliance system (GRC), which may include some of your personal information.
7. How can you manage your communications with Probitas Quad?
We may send you regular communications about products or services that are related to our contracted services.
If you do not wish to receive such information, or previously indicated that you would like to and have now changed your mind, you can log-in to your account and head to the “Manage my Communications” section to update your profile, or click the unsubscribe link within the email you receive.
8. What information does Probitas Quad collect when you browse our website?
The information we collect about you depends on how you use the Probitas Quad website.
If you visit an unsecured area of the website (an area where you aren’t required to log-in) to read or download information, the only information recorded by us will be the date and time of your visit to the site, the pages viewed, the operating system in use, your geo-location and any information downloaded. We won’t record information that allows us to identify you, unless you provide your personal information via a web form.
Probitas Quad uses “session” cookies for analytical purposes. These cookies gather visitor behaviour information for analytical purposes. This information is not used to track a visitor, but is instead reported in aggregate to ensure the information delivered to a person via our website is relevant to the person accessing it. If the visitor is registered as a member on our website, they are allocated a unique tracking identification code, however, a third party cannot identify that visitor from the tracking identification code.
Third party cookies are also used on our website including the following:
- Flash cookies are used by Adobe Systems Incorporated to track settings and information on how visitors use the Adobe Flash application
- Double Click Advertising cookie is used to track delivery of banner advertisements and which advertisements have been displayed to a particular user
- Media-Server.com is a Flash cookie to track video views and player settings for the Media-Server Flash video player
- YouTube.com tracks information on the video and browser settings of visitors.
10. How can you access and seek correction of your personal information and lodge privacy complaints?
In order to keep your personal information as current as possible, we ask that you let us know of any changes to your personal details.
You may ask to see the personal information we hold about you and to have it corrected if necessary. We will need to verify your identity before giving you access.
We will respond to your request within a reasonable period after the request is made, by either providing you with access or by notifying you of our refusal to give access.
In some circumstances, we may not be able to allow you access to your personal information, for example, where:
- giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings
- giving access would be against the law; or
- the information would reveal our commercially sensitive decision-making process.
If we are unable to provide you with access to your personal information, we will notify you of the reasons for the refusal and the complaint mechanism available to you.
If we incur a cost in giving you access to your personal information, we may need to charge you for the associated cost(s).
If you would like to see the personal information we hold about you and have it corrected if necessary, please email us.
If you believe your privacy has been breached or you have a privacy complaint, you should write to:
Probitas Quad Privacy Officer
Probitas Quad Pty Ltd
2 Wendy Ey Place,
Nicholls ACT 2913
or email us at email@example.com
We will review your complaint and respond within a reasonable period of time after we receive your complaint.
If you are not satisfied with the resolution of your complaint, you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.